Home > About us
About Directorate of Film Festivals
Set up under the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting in 1973 by the Government of India, the Directorate of Film Festivals (DFF) is entrusted with the objective of promoting Indian films. DFF also strives to promote inter-cultural understanding through film-based cultural exchanges. In order to achieve its goal to promote Indian cinema and increase its reach worldwide, the Directorate organizes the following events and programmes throughout the year:-
● The National Film Awards
● Dadasaheb Phalke Award
● The annual International Film Festival of India (IFFI)
● Participation in Cultural Exchange Programmes and organizing a screening of Indian films through our Missions abroad.
● Selection of films for Indian Panorama.
● Participation in International Film Festivals abroad.
● Organizing special film expositions such as retrospectives, Indian Panorama films screenings and National Awards winning films screening and theme-based film festivals in different parts of the country.
● Collection, preservation and documentation of prints of Indian Panorama films for non-commercial screenings.
The Directorate of Film Festivals (DFF), Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, is based in New Delhi.
Directorate of Film Festivals. All rights reserved
No of Visits:-103746
| Last Updated:-
Designed by PECS